Intersectionality and inclusivenes
We will explore existing policies and practices and the use of terminology relating to intersectionality, diversity, and inclusiveness in research and innovation in the ERA and EU Member States and Associated Countries with the aim of creating policy advice, awareness, and an everyday basis for action. We also seek to ensure that the gender+ perspective is mainstreamed into other GENDERACTIONplus topics.
In order for the research and innovation sector in Europe to become more inclusive and for policy to be effective at promoting research careers, policies need to become broader in scope and address more discrimination grounds than gender. For this to occur, we need knowledge and good examples of how this can be done to create good policy input and advice for the ERA and EU Member States and Associated Countries.
- Benchmarking policies and the use of terminology on intersectionality, inclusion (geographical, intersectoral), and diversity and identifying strategies for inclusive research careers.
- Developing an overview of policy guidelines and data collection on intersectionality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Developing an overview of strategies on inclusive research careers.
- Developing policy advice on intersectionality, diversity, and inclusion for different ERA stakeholders, including policymakers, and valorising the new knowledge generated by the GENDERACTIONplus Communities of Practice.
- Increasing citizen and stakeholder awareness of intersectionality and inclusiveness in research and innovation.
A benchmarking report on terminology and policy on intersectionality – yet to be approved;
A policy report on inclusive research careers
Mutual learning workshops
Based on the benchmarking results and reports produced, exchanges with stakeholders and experts will be organised in April 2023.
The benchmarking results and the exchanges with stakeholders and experts will be used to develop and distribute policy advice and recommendations.