Mutual Learning Workshop on Gender and Digitalization
This Exploratory Mutual Learning Workshop (MLW) is organized within the framework of the Horizon 2020 GENDERACTION project and coordinated by the Standing Working Group on Gender in Research and Innovation under European Research Area and Innovation Committee (ERAC SWG GRI).
Objectives of the Workshop:
- Establish contacts and network on gender and digitalization
- Discuss the latest developments with invited experts in the field
- Share experiences on examples of good practice (e.g. policies, strategies, targeted funding programmes) from member states
- Identify barriers that hinder the greater involvement of women researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs
- Develop recommendations for actions on gender and digitalization in Horizon Europe and for Member States
Please click here to register.
In advance of the virtual workshop, please find attached a discussion paper prepared to contextualise the Exploratory MLW on Gender and Digitalization and the areas to be considered. This is a live document which will be further updated as part of the MLW discussion. The workshop will be held virtually over three sessions:
Session 1: Friday, 26th March 2021, 9.30am-11.30am (GMT). Theme – ICT and digital skills
- Keynote Speaker: Cláudia S. Sarrico, Lead Analyst, Higher Education Policy, OECD
- Country Case Studies to include: Portugal, Estonia
Session 2: Thursday, 15th April 2021, 9.30am-11.30am (GMT). Theme – Women as tech producers/innovators
- Keynote Speaker: Nicola Marsden, Faculty of Computer Sciences, Germany – ‘Using Living Labs as research infrastructures to promote gender equality – interface of tech and gender’
- Country Case Studies to include: Spain, Austria, Belgium Brussels
Session 3: Thursday, 15th April 2021, 2.30pm-4.30pm (GMT). Theme – Gender/Intersectionality dimension in innovation/digitalisation
- Keynote Speaker: Patrícia Gouveia, Interactive Technologies Institute, Lisbon University, Portugal. – ‘Interactive Multimedia Experiences in Higher Education: Gaming, Augmented and Virtual Reality, and Research’.