SWG GRI: GEPs as a catalyst for change
A new report addresses the policy instrument of Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) and presents the main findings of a survey carried out by the Standing Working Group on Gender in Research and Innovation (SWG GRI) among its members to assess the adoption of GEPs by Member States (MS) and Associated Countries (AC) and to identify the needs related to the implementation of GEPs at the national level.
Based on the responses, the report identifies the following eight main challenges:
1) Building political consensus to achieve substantive change through GEPs;
2) Policy coordination to build a common definition of a GEP requirement;
3) Monitoring and evaluation of GEP implementation;
4) Uptake of GEPs by RPOs at the national level;
5) Mobilising support and resources to build capacities at the national level;
6) Involvement of the private sector;
7) Knowledge development, capacity building, and mutual learning at the EU level;
8) Inclusiveness with a special focus on intersectionality.
To these challenges, SWG GRI presents eleven recommendations to the Commission, Member States, and Associated Countries.
Download the report in PDF here.